Legal Defense for Criminal Charges in Rancho Cucamonga
Defending the Rights of the Accused in San Bernardino, CA
Have you been arrested or accused of a crime in San Bernardino County? The Law Offices of Kirk Tarman & Associates offers the trusted representation you need. If you have been charged with a crime, you could be facing some very serious penalties if you are convicted. It is vital that you have skilled legal representation to maximize your chances of a successful defense.
Our Rancho Cucamonga criminal defense lawyers can provide you with the defense you need, when you need it. We are available to answer your call 24/7 so contact us at (909) 658-7341 today.
Criminal Defense Cases We Handle
A criminal defense lawyer from our firm can provide you with legal assistance and representation in any of the following ways:
- Arson - Arson is the act of intentionally lighting anything on fire including structures, property, and other objects. The severity of the penalties for this crime depends on the nature of the property that was destroyed, if anyone was injured, your criminal history, and other elements.
- Assault - Assault is the threat of physical harm as opposed to actual physical harm. Due to the nature of an assault charge, an individual can be accused of this crime based solely on the word of another person. This can easily lead to wrongful convictions.
- Asset Forfeiture - State and federal agencies have the power and authority to forfeit all types of personal property and assets from citizens when the property is believed to be connected to criminal activity. A person's assets can be forfeited, even if they are never convicted of a crime.
- Battery - This is the crime of any unwanted physical contact. While assault is the threat or fear of physical harm, battery is actual contact. Regardless if you harmed the person, you can be charged with battery if there was any physical contact involved.
- Child Abuse Central Index Hearings - In California, when people are investigated for child abuse or neglect, their personal identifying information is added to the Child Abuse Central Index, particularly when allegations are substantiated by evidence. In order to challenge being placed on this list, you need to request a hearing and be represented by an attorney.
- DUI - If you are arrested with a BAC (blood alcohol content) of 0.08% or higher then you will be charged with DUI. If you are convicted then you could face up to six months in jail, up to $2600 in fines and other penalties.
- Domestic Violence - Spousal abuse, child abuse, neglect, economic abuse, physical violence, verbal abuse, violent threats, and many other actions can be considered domestic violence. It is important to have skillful representation on your side if you have been charged with this crime.
- Drug Crimes - Various drug crimes that you can be charged with include possession, distribution or selling, and cultivation. The penalties for conviction of this crime will be determined based on the type and amount of drug that was in your possession as well as other elements.
- Embezzlement - If you have been charged with the white collar crime of embezzlement then you could face the same penalties as a conviction of grand theft or petty theft depending on the amount of money involved. Embezzlement is taking money from an account for purposes other than the original intent of the account owner.
- Violation of Probation & Parole - If you are released from prison on parole then there are various terms that you must adhere to otherwise you will be put back in prison to finish your sentence. Probation is an alternative to some penalties but it also comes with terms, and violation of these terms can incur harsh penalties.
- Kidnapping - Unlawfully seizing and carrying away a person by force or by fraud is considered kidnapping. Depending on various elements in this crime you could face felony charges of extensive prison time and serious fines.
- Murder - Killing an individual with malice aforethought is the crime of murder in California. The element that separates murder from another kind of crime is that of malice aforethought which means that the crime was planned and that death was intended.
- Manslaughter - Manslaughter is different from the crime of murder in California in that death was not intended, essentially it was an accident. There are three different kinds of manslaughter: voluntary, involuntary, and vehicular.
- Theft Crimes - Theft is the unlawful taking and carrying away of the personal property of another without permission, and with the intent to permanently deprive them of this property. This can include burglary and robbery among other crimes.
- Sex Crimes - Various sex crimes that you can be charged with include rape, sexual assault, and intercourse with a minor as well as others. Some of these various crimes will carry the penalty of mandatory sex offender registration.
- Weapon Charges - You can be charged with a weapon offense if you are in unlawful possession of a weapon, if you unlawfully discharged a weapon, or if you committed another crime involving a deadly weapon. The penalties for these crimes can be very severe.
- White Collar Crimes - Embezzlement, money laundering, identity theft and many other crimes can be considered as white collar crimes. These are generally committed by high-salaried professionals for financial gain.
- Appeals - If you have received a conviction and a highly undesirable sentence then you may be able to appeal the court's decision to a higher court in order to reduce your sentence, or have the matter dropped altogether in some cases.
- Criminal History Cleanup - Criminal history cleanup or expungement is the process of sealing old criminal records so that they are not available to be considered when deciding on the charge that you may face in the case of a subsequent conviction for a crime.
Defense Services for All of Southern California
Looking for a criminal defense attorney in San Bernardino? At The Law Offices of Kirk Tarman & Associates, our firm has a long history of success in the cases that we handle and we have many satisfied clients whom we have represented in the past.
Our service areas include, but are not limited to:
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
- West Covina
Attorney Tarman has over 20 years of experience in representing the criminally accused residents of Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, and the surrounding areas.
It is vitally important that you contact our Rancho Cucamonga criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible in order to discuss your charges and how our firm will be able to help you.